Senior/Research Data Analyst, Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior/Research Data Analyst to join the Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC).
TLC promotes excellence in teaching and learning through the design and implementation of innovative pedagogies; facilitation of Faculty development and training; scholarship of teaching & learning; and provides academic support for students whilst developing lifelong learning attributes in our graduates.
As Senior/Research Data Analyst you will be proactive and crucial to the successful development and implementation of adaptive learning systems and web applications to augment the quality of teaching and learning within the university. You will be responsible for developing and implementing data analytics solutions, and research tasks related to educational data mining. These include data extraction, wrangling, examination, interpretation, and evaluating relevant models (e.g., machine learning) for the system. With guidance and assistance from colleagues, you will also contribute to reports and publications to communicate success/progress of development works.
- Qualifications and/or experience relevant to data analytics/science
- Competency with the Python programming language
- Proven ability in data extraction and wrangling, identifying and applying appropriate statistical algorithms for hypotheses testing, pattern discovery and model evaluation
- Proven ability to build applications to scrub, combine, manage data from various sources, and implement automated processes to produce data sets
- Proven ability to design data models upon robust statistical and data mining approaches, data flow diagrams and mechanisms to optimise the flow, maintenance, storage and retrieval of data
- Demonstrated experience in presenting insights for improved decision making and more efficient operations
- Competency with MySQL and a non-relational database (e.g., Redis) is a plus
- Knowledge and evaluation of machine learning and recommendation algorithms is a plus
- Familiarity with developing web applications is a plus
- Experience with deploying applications on the AWS platform is desirable