- Full-time, fixed-term role until 30/06/2024
- Support both the Faculty of Medicine and Health's Education and Operations team on projects aimed to improve the experience of university students and staff as well as the provision of general operational support
- Base Salary $89,759 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Here at the Faculty of Medicine and Health (FMH) we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Officer to utilise their expertise to support both the Education and Operations teams. The Project Officer will be involved in the development and implementation of various projects, coordinating meetings and diaries across both teams, resolving action items and providing other general operational support.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide general operational support to the Education and Operations teams
- liaise with both academics and professional staff to understand projects needs
- manage purchasing and reconciliations
- coordinate and run various meetings and coordinate diaries for the Educations and Operations teams
- resolve action items that may arise from meetings.
- has experience supporting or managing projects and/or providing general operational support in an operations and higher education function
- has a strong track record of delivering projects on time
- has high attention to detail, particularly for project compliance protocols
- is able to take initiative to resolve tasks
- has strong stakeholder management skills, able to build and maintain relationships with academics, professional staff and students.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami Recruitment Operations by email to Mouhamed.firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 05 June 2022 11:59 PM