Research Fellow, Department of Biochemistry
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow for “Mechanistic study of therapy-resistance in gynaecology and its clinical application in molecular prognosis and novel therapeutic strategy” in the Department of Biochemistry, NUS Centre for Cancer Research, and Department of Chemistry with collaboration with basic scientists, clinicians and chemists. Appointments will be made on a one-year contract basis from 2 Jan 2022 for the possibility of extension for 3 years. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic candidate who is able to work together with the Principle Investigator, research staffs and clinical collaborators to drive a research project independently.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow will be able to:
- Manage the planning and executions of the research projects in a research team;
- Train and supervise research staff/postgraduate students recruited to the research project;
- Able to assist PI in manuscript and grant proposal preparation;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Have a PhD degree in life science and biomedicine related field;
- At least 6 years of research experience in cancer research and is able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail, demonstration of writing scientific papers.
- Great skills in cellular/molecular biology and protein chemistry basic techniques including western blotting, cloning, protein expression and purification, viral transfection, qRT-PCR, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy imaging, etc;
- Candidate with animal experience in mouse model of cancers and tumor organoid development and familiar with various cancer bioinformatics software/tools to integrate systems biology, clinical science, omics-based technology and computational science to improve diagnosis, therapies and prognosis of cancer are preferable.
Interested individuals should send an application including a cover letter (with statement of research interest and career goals), curriculum vitae and the contact information of three referees in one single PDF to Associate Professor DENG Lih Wen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Biochemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9686