Education Support Officer, Clinical
- Multiple full-time and part-time roles available on a fixed-term and continuing basis
- Support processes for teaching activities in our Clinical Schools
- Salary of $89,759 - $96,764 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 38th in the world for 2022 university rankings, moving up 5 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 18th in the world.
As such, we are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University's ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for multiple Education Support Officers (Clinical) to join the education unit to support our clinical schools:
- Central Clinical School
- Children's Hospital Westmead Clinical School
- Concord Clinical School
- Nepean Clinical School
- Northern Clinical School
- Westmead Clinical School
The Education Support Officers (Clinical) will be primarily supporting one of the above clinical schools and may be required to travel between locations to support other work areas from time to time.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- act as a key point of contact for Clinical School staff and students to support the delivery of the Sydney Medical Program
- coordinate the compilation of academic content and materials prepared by Academic and Teaching staff for programs of study, for printed publications and/or uploading to Canvas/online systems
- coordinate processes for teaching activities including the recruitment, engagement and ongoing relationship management of paid and non-paid clinical tutors and supervisors; the timely and accurate production of block timetables; as well as the delivery of clinical school-based assessments and examinations
- provide support and training for new Academic/Sessional Teaching staff on using the University systems and the application of policies relevant to learning and teaching
- create and maintain relevant databases and contact lists to support learning and teaching activities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Education Support Officers (Clinical) who have:
- demonstrated client focus with strong stakeholder engagement capability to enable the delivery of successful outcomes
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including internal and external customers and suppliers, and University students.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health employment requirements
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 05 June 2022 11:59 PM