Senior Business Development Manager
Senior Business Development Manager - Short Courses (B2B)
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Attractive Remuneration Package + 17% superannuation
- Full Time Continuing position
About the position
La Trobe University is a leading research university in Australia, with a worldwide reputation for academic excellence and innovation. La Trobe seeks to be a ‘strategic partner of choice’ to industry to grow the impact of our research, provide opportunities for our students and support business growth and economic development. The University's Strategic Plan (2020 – 2030) identifies short courses as a critical mechanism to support those seeking to retrain and upskill to acquire new skills, or improve existing ones, to increase their chances of retaining or finding a job. Reporting to the Director, Business Development (Education) and working closely with Marketing & Recruitment, the Senior Business Development Manager - Short Course contributes to the development of business development strategy and takes a leading role in engaging academics across La Trobe with industry partners to build new or enhance existing business-to-business short course opportunities
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and relevant experience in business development for education offerings including short course B2B business development in a university or higher education institution, with a relevant tertiary and/or post graduate degree
- Strong track record in the ability to proactively identify, build and develop and close a portfolio of business development opportunities to meet revenue and growth targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in liaising with staff at all levels of an organisation, negotiating effective outcomes, consultation and facilitation of group discussions
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop key strategic relationship and deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic business development opportunities to support delivery of growth and impact objectives
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday 19th June 2022
Position Enquiries: Rob Chetwynd, email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.