Associate Lecturer / Lecturer in Oral Health Therapy
- Contribute to the training of highly sought-after graduates for work in our urban, regional and rural communities
- Build and maintain relationships with dental and health care professionals
- Flexible working arrangements, access to relocation assistance
- Continuing, Full Time
- $70,649 to $119,121 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- Wagga Wagga
A number of opportunities exist to join our Oral Health (Therapy/ Hygiene) discipline responsible for producing job ready graduates and preparing professionals to practice in urban, rural and regional community settings.
Support students development of pre-clinical and clinical skills in the Universitys state-of-the-art teaching facilities, including the Simulation clinic, bioscience laboratories and the Charles Sturt Dental and Oral Health clinics.
Actively contribute to teaching, research and curriculum development, teaching a range of preclinical and/or biodental/ diagnostic science subjects related to the clinical disciplines. The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to develop and progress an active research profile aligned to the strategic direction of the School.
This position is required for on-campus teaching and as such remote work options will not be accommodated. Generous financial assistance is available to help you relocate to take up this opportunity.
To be successful you will have:
- A qualification relevant to the discipline and at the level being applied for
- Eligibility for registration as an Oral Health Therapist or Dentist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Relevant clinical experience in Australia, Britain, Canada or New Zealand
- Evidence of the delivery of high quality student-centred learning and teaching in oral health therapy or general dentistry
- A record of research activity relevant to the discipline and the level being applied for
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Evidence of having received a full course of a COVID-19 vaccination approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration is required as a condition of entry onto Charles Sturt University campuses. Accordingly, evidence of vaccination or a valid exemption is a condition of employment at Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Additional information is available in the position description(s):
- Position Description - Associate Lecturer in Oral Health Therapy
- Position Description - Lecturer in Oral Health Therapy
or by contacting:
Professor Andrew Flatau | Dean of Dentistry and Oral Health | DeanofDentistry@csu.edu.au | Ph: (02) 63657251
Closing Date: 11 pm, 19 June 2022