Research Assistant, Collab ML
The Research Assistant will be responsible for designing and implementing efficient and robust systems, and applications for algorithms and methodologies based on state-of-the-art research in machine learning and big data for collaborative machine learning.
- Design and write robust, readable, and reusable code components and applications to implement state-of-the-art research outcomes in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and big data;
- Perform data cleansing and processing for analysis of real-world datasets;
- Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports and presentations.;
- Participate in presentations and demos for exhibiting work at appropriate events;
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data;
- Solid programming and application development skills with experience in Python/Perl/R. Mastery of programming languages such as C/C++/Java, and experience with Tensorflow would be a plus;
- Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers;
- Fluent in English and good team-player;
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.