Social Media Officer
- Full time, fixed term until 23 December 2022
- Exciting opportunity to support the University's Brand and Content team with social media campaigns
- Base Salary $89K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Social Media Officer to work closely with the social media team in implementing the University's social media strategy and plans. As part of the Brand and Content Team you will work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications colleagues to ensure that content meets high standards and adheres to best practice and brand guidelines.
- ideally holds a degree and experience in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- high level verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to take initiative and multitask with competing priorities
- demonstrates in-depth understanding of organic and paid functions of Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter
- can work with Marketing and Communications teams and business partners to adapt social messaging and tactics based on audiences and platforms
- displays sound knowledge of key social media metrics and analytics for both paid and organic social media advertising
- display sounds knowledge of third party scheduling tools to effectively monitor and community manage social media pages.
Closing date for applications
11:59pm, Sunday, 29 May 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
Along with your application, please submit responses to the below two selection questions:
- What makes for a successful social media campaign? Can you give an example of a social media campaign you worked on with details on concept, creative assets, platform strategy and success metrics
- What skills and experience can you offer to fulfill the needs of this role of Social Media Officer?
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to view the Position Description for this role.