Research Engineer, Ultra-low Power Always-on Silicon Platforms
We are looking for a Research Engineer for the Green IC research group led by Professor Massimo Alioto, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The selected incumbent is expected to:
- Explore flexible and ultra-low power always-on silicon platforms (e.g., for IoT).
- Work on innovative power management techniques with very wide power-performance scaling will be investigated to minimize the system energy. Such techniques will be investigated for digital sub-systems in advanced technologies.
- Be responsible to conduct research at the circuit level, defining and validating design options and defining new integrated circuit techniques
- Possess at least a Bachelor degree in either Electrical Engineering or related disciplines (e.g., Computer, Communication, or Information Engineering)
- Specialized in the area of integrated circuits/systems with expertise proved through coursework and projects during his/her studies.
- Knowledge of integrated circuit CAD design tools (e.g., Cadence, Mentor Graphics) and industrial experience are highly valued.
- Experience in circuit- and system-level design is also desirable.
- Have well-established analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and spoken communications. The selected candidate is required to publish and to present results at conferences and journals independently.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14368