- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and Continuing
- HEW 5 $71,467 - $80,157 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Cloud Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Administrative Officer will provide administrative support and services to staff to enable the delivery of faculty and university outcomes. This includes support to the Director, Faculty Services (Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment).
The successful candidate will ensure an efficient, effective, and timely customer-focused administration service with the correct implementation of all university policies that relate to the areas for which the position is responsible.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Clarify expectations and respond promptly to staff requests, queries, or complaints to ensure client needs are met to agreed standards and timelines
- Provide advice to staff and make referrals to other areas of the University as required
- Build productive relationships with a diverse range of existing stakeholders and actively seek to maintain positive relationships
- Present information in a clear, structured, concise, and tailored way by focusing on key messages and check that messages are understood and meet audience needs
- Take personal responsibility and show initiative to meeting goals and objectives contributing to an inclusive team environment
- Adopt new ideas and approaches and learn from various points of view and confirm understanding
- Recognise the importance of teamwork and of effective communication amongst team members and build rapport within immediate team in ways that are respectful and inclusive of others
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Completion of a Degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or
- Completion of an Associate Diploma and at least two years subsequent relevant work experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience in administration and related activities in a large organisation with complex administrative structures, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in operating in a high-pressure diverse environment, involving face to face, phone, and written communication
- Experience providing services and support in a large organisation
Applications for this position close on Monday 30 May 2022.
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Offers of employment from Deakin University are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can view a copy of the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Lauren Browne,
Executive Officer, Faculty Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.