Head of the Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Department: Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 18 Jun 2022
Start date: upon agreement
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position of: Head of the Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
The Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation is an educational and research department of the Medical Faculty. It provides teaching of the bachelor study programme Physiotherapy, the follow-up master programme Applied Physiotherapy and teaching of selected subjects in the study programme General Medicine.
The Department head will be responsible for the management of the Department, undergraduate student education, doctoral studies and lifelong learning, publishing activities and coordination of the research activities of the Department. The Candidate for Department head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for a declared position:
- Completed university education in a medical or related field with a focus on physiotherapy and rehabilitation;
- Specialized competence in rehabilitation and physical medicine according to Act No. 95/2004 Coll. and Decree No. 152/2018 Coll., or professional competence as a physiotherapist or specialized competence in physiotherapy according to Act No. 96/2004 Coll. and Government Decree No. 31/2010 Coll;
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSc.;
- Habilitation within the meaning of the Higher Education Act as amended, the scientific-pedagogical title of professor in the relevant field is an advantage;
- Personal and professional prerequisites for managing the academic team of the department;
- Teaching experience and readiness to guarantee the professional subjects taught in the workplace;
- Significant publication history and active research;
- Scientific reputation in the international field;
- Personal and moral integrity;
- Fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); Persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants do not have to prove.
- work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multidisciplinary collaboration;
- work in a top medical and educational workplace, and participate in teaching in a unique simulation centre;
- professional growth and continuing education;
- attractive salary conditions and employee benefits.
The application, accompanied by the following documents:
- structured CV,
- overview of scientific and publishing activities,
- contact details of two people to obtain references (name, position, telephone number),
- photocopies of evidence of qualifications (not required for internal applicants),
- Criminal record extract (max three months old),
- a certificate according to Act 451/1991 Coll. (the so-called Lustration Act; persons born after 1 December 1971 do not have to provide proof),
send it to the MU Faculty of Medicine Human Resources Department in electronic or paper form. For the electronic form, use the "Electronic Application" option below. For more information, please contact Ivana Janáčková at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.