Administrative Control Officer, Department of Engineering and Technology Management
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLGY MANAGEMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL OFFICER
PEROMNES POST LEVEL: 08
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development
- Deliver an effective and comprehensive financial-, asset-, facilities-, teaching-, research-, student-, and personnel administrative services to the Head of Department / Chair: GSTM and staff members of the GSTM;
- Deliver an effective and comprehensive conference and professional activities administration; and
- Provide and overall administrative, logistical and secretarial service with regard to GSTM and meeting and functions administration.
- A relevant Bachelor / B Tech / Advance Diploma with three (3) year’s relevant experience or
- Relevant National Diploma with five (5) year’s relevant experience.
- Appropriate experience in an academic university environment
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of Finance;
- Knowledge of Human Resources;
- Knowledge of Research Articles;
- Knowledge of postgraduate student processes;
- Appropriate knowledge of the University management information and operations systems (e.g. Research database, financial system, web-based education system, student management system, education system, system management system, internet search engines, ect.);
- Facilitation skills;
- Organizational skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant managerial, administrative, human resources and financial experience.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED an UMVOZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP. In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 1 June 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Estelle Greyling, Tel: (012) 420 2100 or email email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and contact person Prof Elma van der Lingen, Tel: (012) 420 5939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2022 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions