Associate Professor of Interior Design
College of Arts and Creative Enterprises
Abu Dhabi/Dubai Campus.
The College of Arts & Creative Enterprises
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises (CACE) offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with majors in Animation Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, and Visual Art. It also offers a minor in Curatorial Studies, and a joint degree program, a Bachelor of Science degree in Multimedia Design with the College of Communication and Media Sciences and the College of Technological Innovation.
CACE aims to prepare students to become creative leaders in the arts and related industries. Our mission is to provide student artists and designers with an opportunity to explore and develop their own creative ideas while contributing to national initiatives in the culture of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and initiatives of the college that will advocate innovative practices and research.
CACE seeks qualified candidates to teach in the area of Interior Design with an appointment on the Abu Dhabi/Dubai campuses starting Fall 2022.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will make a valuable contribution to the development of the Interior Design program in the College through forging strong relationships and liaising with the local industry and contributing to the Internship Program, as well as support an integrated approach of the curriculum. The candidate will encourage students to consider their future careers within a local, regional and international context and ensure that they are equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge to take up this challenge. The successful candidate should demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working knowledge of the leading digital technology software.
Applicants must have earned a terminal degree in the field of Interior Design, or a related field and demonstrate a strong record of professional accomplishments within Interior Design. The successful applicant will have a record of Excellent teaching and will be expected to teach both introductory and advanced level courses in design and building technology. Administrative experience would be an asset.
Candidates should be flexible and able to teach a variety of courses in the Interior Design program. The successful candidate should demonstrate strong teaching and practice experience in the development and exploration of creative concepts in Interior Design, as well as skills in final presentation employing digital design software, including but not limited to BIM software Revit and AUTO-CAD. In addition to studio instruction, expertise in teaching furniture design, finishes, color and light, interior construction and technology, sustainable design, and graphic representations at the undergraduate level is very important. Knowledge of textiles, building technology, furniture, and finishing materials is highly desirable. Proficiency with other software platforms, such as 3DS MAX, Google Sketch-Up (including visualization add-ons such as v-ray and Lumium), Adobe Suite, and knowledge in fabrication lab technology such as 3D printers and Laser Cutting machines will be considered an asset.
The candidate’s approach and experience in engaging students in Interior Design program must be evident within their teaching and professional practice portfolio – statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work.
As well as teaching, the following are some of University and administrative service expected from the successful candidate:
- Advise and mentor students.
- Serve on department, college and university committees as assigned.
- Curriculum development and coordination with other interior design faculty.
- Reach out to the community and industry to instigate initiatives involving our students.
- Help promote the Interior Design program and student recruitment.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities.
- A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
- Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and to the College.
The Benefits The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
To Apply Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website. In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach one document containing:
- Cover letter
- Current Curricular Vitae and sample syllabi
- Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly and creative interests
- Copies of the terminal degree and transcript
- The names and contact details of three professional references
- Portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student work should be provided as a PDF sent through dropbox or wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or hyperlink or reliable website. Please reference the job title in the subject heading.