- Fantastic opportunity for a Videographer to join a dynamic part of the University of Sydney
- $97,975 to $106,738 + 17% superannuation (pro-rata to 0.4 FTE)
- Part-time, fixed term until January 2023
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney has an opportunity for an experienced Videographer to join their Media Production Team in the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Indigenous Strategy and Services portfolio (DVC-ISS).
This role requires expertise in the production and delivery of a range of high-quality video and audio, including high level skills and experience in camera operation and postproduction across various genres such as learning, research and promotional media projects.
The position works under the direction of the Manager, Learning Media Production Specialist, and has a broad range of responsibilities including:
- autonomy to make decisions around project scoping and storyboarding
- production schedule coordination
- production equipment bookings, allocation, and correct handling
- sourcing and booking venues, including logistics for shoots
- coordinating on location cast and crew activities and
- post-production workflows and timely delivery.
As a Videographer, you will be instrumental in supporting the DVC-ISS portfolio and the University community to achieve its cultural competence objectives, some of which include, fostering strong relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- produce creative video, audio and new media content to support research, learning and engagement with innovative, practical and timely solutions
- employ specialised technical operations e.g., camera operating, lighting and sound produce high quality audio and video content
- provide advanced digital production and post-production expertise in editing and graphics (Adobe Creative) in producing a range of delivered media including web, social media, LMS and streaming channels
- create video production scoping documents, storyboards, scripts, shot-lists and call-sheets for studio and location shoots
- coordinate and direct cast and crew to ensure effective and smooth video production shoots that are on time and within budget.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Strong, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7612 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 05 June 2022 11:59 PM