People and Wellbeing Business Partner
People and Wellbeing Business Partner
- Ongoing position, full-time or part-time with attractive remuneration package
- Based in Burnie, Launceston or Hobart
- Bring your enthusiasm, and HR knowledge and skills to the People and Wellbeing Team
The University of Tasmania is passionate about putting people at the centre of all that we do, and our People and Wellbeing function is constantly driving to deliver services and solutions that enhance the experience of our employees.
We are looking for someone who thrives working as part of a diverse team, who has the patience and drive to deliver outcomes in a complex environment. You will thrive in this role if you are passionate about driving strategic value through leveraging the talent of people. Working within a specific client portfolio, you will engage with a great diversity of people, ensuring that every day is a little bit different.
With a deep understanding of what drives our University, you can expect to work across the breadth of the institution, working collaboratively with People Managers and the full People and Wellbeing team. You will deliver outcomes by empowering our people and taking a coaching approach.
You will do this by:
- Providing timely and professional support and solutions to people managers on a wide range of strategic and operational people matters
- Providing exceptional customer service to your client portfolio based on their unique people needs across the continuum of the employee life-cycle
- Supporting the development and delivery of strategic and operational innovations and initiatives led by our Centres of Excellence.
- Contributing to the constant improvement of our People and Wellbeing service delivery model
Our People and Wellbeing Business Partner will be full of ideas on how we can deliver the best service to the University and incorporate our values into all aspects of our work. You will be:
- Truly passionate about employee relations including coaching people managers, and developing and implementing effective and efficient employee relations practices
- Resourceful, self-motivated and a lover of projects delivered with little supervision
- A true collaborator who is comfortable with constructively challenging ideas and the status quo
- Able to effectively influence even the most cynical people
We are open to applicants from a range of different employment journeys and industries. Our non-negotiable is that you feel empowered by the freedom that comes from working in a dynamic and enigmatic environment.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,145 comprising base salary within the range of $100,084 to $113,799 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What opportunity does this role present to you?
- What value can you bring to the role and the People and Wellbeing team?
You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Paul Kealy, Director Business Partnering, Paul.Kealy@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 2516.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 29 May 2022, 11:55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Position Description - People & Wellbeing Business Partner (College Divisions).pdf