Senior Research Manager
The Centre for Applied Research (CFAR) at Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) provides high quality research, policy evaluation, statistical analysis, and technical assistance to academic, government and commercial organisations. Research at CFAR is focused primarily on applied work with industry relevance. Projects leverage CFAR's extensive expertise in survey analysis and address a variety of social and economic policy issues. The Centre seeking a full-time Senior Research Manager (Data Centre) to drive Data Centre operations. The successful candidate will lead a team of staff within the Data Centre (within the Centre for Applied Research) to work on data analysis/data collection procedures to assigned social sciences research projects. The candidate will also work with various faculty members within SUSS to assist multiple research projects with their data needs.
- Assist Project Manager in project set-up and technical support (through Qualtrics)
- Provide support in project coordination for fieldwork
- Ensure data collection process is completed according to project schedule
- Validation of collected data and payment to interviewers
- Cleaning of data and preparation of data for analysis
- Degree holder with at least 10 years of relevant working experiences.
- Good grasp of statistics and interest to apply Statistical concepts to the Social Science
- Good understanding of quantitative research method capabilities for analysis in projects (e.g. data cleaning, data modelling, creation of indices
- Familiar with modelling techniques such as clustering, regression modelling techniques, Bayesian statistics and modelling
- Proficient in the use of SPSS and R in data analysis, or other similar software for data analysis (e.g. NVIVO, Python, Stata)
- Possess effective oral, written communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to rapport with academics and senior management.
- Resourceful and motivated team player who takes initiative.
- Display good business etiquette and work ethics skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality