Lecturer in Accounting
School of Business and Creative Industries
Lecturer in Accounting
AC3: £44,706 - £50,296 per annum + London Weighting Allowance
Full time, Permanent
THE POST – Lecturer in Accounting
UWS School of Business and Creative Industries has successfully and significantly grown its presence on our London campus, delivering both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. As a result of this, we are continuing to make a significant investment in academic posts to support both our students and our strategic development, helping to further position the School as a key player locally, nationally and internationally.
We are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Marketing, Innovation, Tourism and Events as a Lecturer in Accounting. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about their subject and can contribute to the on-going expansion of the subject area delivery.
You will be joining us at a very exciting time in our development and will become part of a dedicated team who offer exceptional support and guidance to students. You will have opportunities to help build the reputation and profile of our School as a leading contributor to the economic and social development of the communities in which we work.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- An appropriate degree and postgraduate qualification. Candidates with alternate degrees and significant work experience will also be considered.
- An internationally recognised accountancy qualification. Those at the final level of such qualifications may be considered if accompanied by work experience.
- Be able to lead, write and coordinate modules, develop research projects and participate in learning and knowledge exchange projects in partnership with external stakeholders.
- Have experience of delivering and developing modules within the areas of financial accounting, management accounting and financial management (undergraduate and post-graduate levels); and experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches.
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
University of the West of Scotland is a dynamic, modern, multi-campus university but with origins dating back to 1897. UWS is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 of universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) and in the top 150 of universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). We have five campuses: four across west and southwest Scotland and one in central London.
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
UWS School of Business & Creative Industries is a vibrant community delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating work environment, where you will join a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world.
The benefits we can offer you include:
- 35 days annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries about the role, can be made to Lorraine Quinn, Head of Division, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing date: 3 July 2022
Interview date: 21 July 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.