Lecturer in Business and Management
School of Business and Creative Industries
Paisley or Lanarkshire Campus
Lecturer in Business and Management
AC3 £44,706 - £50,296 per annum
Full time, Permanent
5 posts, 35 hours per week
THE POST – Lecturer in Business and Management
The School of Business and Creative Industries is seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Management, Organisations and People as a Lecturer in Business and Management. You will join an enthusiastic team committed to delivering teaching, research and academic enterprise that contributes to the School and the University’s strategic ambitions. You will have opportunities to help build the reputation and profile of our School as a leading contributor to the economic and social development of the communities in which we work as well as engage in exciting international opportunities.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Have experience of delivering and developing modules across the areas of Business and Management and/or Strategy (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels); and experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience
- Practical experience in industry and able to develop and lead projects in partnership with external stakeholders as well as to engage in teaching and other scholarly activities
University of the West of Scotland is a dynamic, modern, multi-campus university but with origins dating back to 1897. UWS is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 of universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) and in the top 150 of universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). We have five campuses: four across west and southwest Scotland and one in central London.
UWS School of Business & Creative Industries is a vibrant community delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating work environment with a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world. Find out more about our School of Business & Creative Industries.
Competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries about the role, can be made to Ron Livingstone, Head of Division, by email to email@example.com.
Further information including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing date: 12 June 2022
Interview date: 14, 15(am) & 16 July 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.