Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
School of Health & Life Sciences
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (AC2)
Fish Immunology in Aquaculture
Salary Scale £37,467 to £44,706
Full time, Fixed Term: 5 months
THE POST - Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (AC2) Fish Immunology in Aquaculture
The School of Health and Life Sciences is one of the largest integrated schools combining health and life science programmes. Our graduates make an immense contribution to improving the health and wellbeing of communities across the globe.
You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We are seeking a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Research Fellow with relevant research / industry experience to work on a Seafood Innovation Fund (SIF) funded project in the University of the West of Scotland to undertake original research on the development of Atlantic salmon specific immunology assays for use on hight throughput automated instrumentation.
The research will be carried out within the WellFish Diagnostics laboratory in the UWS in close collaboration with the project academic and industry partners.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Undergraduate/Master’s Degree or assessed equivalent level of knowledge and expertise in speciality of immunology, clinical biochemistry, clinical pathology or veterinary medicine.
- PhD in subject relevant to research in fish immunology, clinical pathology, clinical biochemistry, health diagnostics.
- Worked/studied in areas related to immunology, diagnostics or biomedical research.
- Experience in laboratory techniques relevant to project (e.g. ELISA).
- Experience in the statistical analysis.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
For an informal discussion of the post please contact Prof Brian Quinn 0141 848 3877 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further Information, including details of how to apply please visit at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Interview Date: 10 June 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.