Higher Education Consultant
The World University Insights Ltd, publisher of Times Higher Education, is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university rankings, and with five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit www.timeshighereducation.com
For more information on how we manage your data please visit https://www.timeshighereducation.com/content/candidate-privacy-notice
Basic Scope and Primary Objectives
The Higher Education Consultant role will be based in either Leeds or London with the potential for hybrid working. The role focuses on providing strategic consultancy services to higher education institutions globally, and demands an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for higher education and the flexibility and willingness to step in where needed to support the global business. The post holder will report to a Senior Higher Education Consultant, and will be confident in engaging with university leaders at the highest level.
The Higher Education Consultant will be responsible for delivering in-person analysis and strategic advice to universities around the world. Specifically, this person will:
- Liaise with internal sales team and external clients to define high level strategic requirements
- Collect and analyse relevant data, identify issues and formulate practical and impactful solutions relating to clients strategic needs
- Undertake qualitative research including interviews with a range of stakeholders in the UK and international higher education sector
- Grow personal knowledge and insight of the global HE sector
- Present findings and recommendations to clients globally
- Provide on-going analysis and support for clients as necessary
- Maintain a detailed understanding of THE data and rankings methodology
- Contribute to Consultancy team strategy and business development
- Contribute to THE Summit series and Forum events
Experience and Skills Required
- Track record of complex project management and successful delivery of projects, ideally involving use of several data sources.
- Demonstrated success in presenting complex data clearly and accurately in both verbal and written formats, with a keen eye for data visualisation in creating presentation slides
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with various internal stakeholders and external clients (including senior stakeholders from academia, government and industry)
- Confident and independent self-starter who is able to hit the ground running; comfortable working within teams as well as being able to work effectively autonomously
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines, working well under pressure, with excellent planning and organisational skills in order to manage and prioritise own workload
- Critical thinking skills with strengths in quantitative data collection and analysis
- Passionate about the role of higher education
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to at least undergraduate level
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of global higher education sectors; previous experience in a university setting or working with the HE sector desirable
- Experience of qualitative research and report writing
- Familiarity with statistical software and data visualisation tools
- Postgraduate qualification or post-university learning credentials
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.