Associate Director, Vocational Education Quality and Compliance
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 10A + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
As an Associate Director, CoVE Quality & Compliance, you will provide guidance and direction to the College of Vocational Education community on all aspects of academic quality and regulatory compliance. You will lead the Quality and Compliance and Quality Support teams to provide advice and expertise regarding quality and compliance matters to delivery teams.
You will be expected to provide leadership to support the achievements of the following outcomes:
- Identifying strategic risks and recommending mitigations.
- Leading the Quality teams to support delivery areas to provide compliance, high quality program delivery, develop internal and external quality and compliance procedures and providing expert advice to shape decisions.
- Partnering with strategy & planning teams to proactively meet the needs of CoVE.
- To engage RMIT with the VET policy and training frameworks governing VET in Australia.
- Managing ASQA and TESQA requirements and state contract requirements in line with VE impact areas.
To be successful in this position, you'll have as a minimum:
- A relevant qualification and extensive relevant management experience within the VET sector.
- Experience in quality and compliance planning, delivery and reporting that contributed to strategic University or organisational objectives.
- Expertice in leading and influencing organisational change, supported by the ability to build effective and influential relationships with senior executive stakeholders.
- Experience in working with data and stakeholders to identify emerging and unmet needs and to develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Experience in encouraging a workplace culture of high performance and promoting accountability for outcomes.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
About the College of Vocational Education
Learning & Teaching
Guided by our student-centered approach, the College of VE empowers high-performing educators to deliver exceptional learning experiences by:
- Accelerating online delivery and embedding learnings from COVID-19 and
- Enabling a new and unique approach to practice-based learning
With a central focus on learning and teaching innovation, driven by a culture of continuous improvement and underpinned by strong governance, the College of VE strives for excellence in quality and compliance oversight.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
Applications close on Thursday, 2 June 2022 at 11:59pm.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19