Experimental Officer, Model Testing
Civil & Enviromental Engineering
Salary: £20,193 to £21,416 per annum pro rata (0.56 FTE)
Post Type: Part Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Tuesday 31 May 2022
Contract type: Fixed term
The Surrey Advanced Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory provides high quality research and industry services and is currently working on an industry-led project on offshore foundations. The selected candidate will work closely with the team in the SAGE laboratory to design and test physical models of novel foundations in the laboratory as well as create PLAXIS models of the offshore foundation structures.
- A PhD in Civil Engineering focused on offshore foundation (Ideally Gravity Based Foundations).
- Proficiency with PLAXIS 2D and 3D
- Experience in the design of offshore foundations, particularly in gravity based (GBS).
- Experience in the Seismic Design of Foundation for offshore wind turbined
- Experience data analysis of offshore loading on structures.
- Experience in the use of PLAXIS for industry projects.
- Publication on peer review journals of offshore foundations and gravity based foundations.
- Selection of the adequate load condition for the test and operation of the testing devices used in offshore physical model testing.
- Data analysis of physical model tests.
- Elaboration of repots based on findings.
- Elaboration of excel-based calculation tools.
- Design of 2D and 3D PLAXIS model of offshore foundations.
For more information on this role, please see the attached job profile or contact Jorge Mendoza-Ulloa, Experimental Officer of SAGE laboratory on firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details: Job Description
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
In return we offer a generous pension, relocation assistance where appropriate, flexible working options including job share and blended home/campus working locations (dependent on work duties), access to world-class leisure facilities on campus, a range of travel schemes and supportive family friendly benefits including an excellent on-site nursery.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.