Assistant Manager / Manager, Research and Consulting, ISE
- Full Time | Contract
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 16 Jun 2022
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
This position is for Institute of Service Excellence (ISE).
The role will support ISE in its mission with a focus on research and thought leadership by developing high quality Singapore- and Asian- based research on service excellence and consulting research projects. The role would be involved in the following:
CSISG Research Studies
- Manage data processing and analysis of research data to ensure accuracy and depth of findings.
- Conduct statistical analysis, environmental scanning, analysis of trends to develop insights to assist in decision- and policy-formulation.
- Analyze services sector trends for emerging issues and dovetail trend analysis with customer satisfaction research.
- Generate timely and accurate membership reports for clients.
- Conduct cross-checking of other analysts’ research work to ensure accuracy.
Research & Consulting projects
- Monitor and analyze the outcomes of consulting projects as well as guiding and counseling team members.
- Client engagement for consulting research projects including understanding clients’ research needs as well as development and crafting of proposals.
- Plan and develop research methodology, questionnaires, data processing/cleaning, analysis, reporting.
- Present key insights to clients.
- Assist researchers in the development of thought leadership articles and academic journal papers related to service. This includes academic literature review, desktop research, data extraction from external and institutional data sources, as well as analysis.
- A degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a research or consultancy role for the role of Manager.
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply - the job title and compensation package will be adjusted accordingly.
- Strong data analysis skills and able to work with large datasets.
- Meticulous with strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- Experience in the use of statistical software packages and database language such as SPSS, R and SQL preferred.
- Good understanding of research methodologies and able to perform data analysis
- Able to work with large datasets
- Familiar with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experienced in the use of statistical software packages like SPSS or R
- Team player with excellent interpersonal
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- A keen learner who is curious to discover news insights.
- Willing to pick up new research skills as needed.