Cognitive Research Assistant
This is a casual position at a HEP 5, with an hourly rate of $45.27, working 22.05 hours per week over a fixed term contract period until May 2023.
- Collaborative, innovative and supportive work environment
- Develop strong relations with external professional organisations
- The position is based at our Footscray Park Campus, but main duties will be performed at the Melbourne Brain Centre Imaging Unit (MBCIU, University of Melbourne, Parkville).
About the role
The purpose of this position is to provide continuing support for the Train Smart Study (Victoria University/Florey collaboration). The successful applicant will work with various teams of researchers and assist with various clinical research tasks. They will be primarily responsible for cognitive testing for the Train Smart Study participants and liaising closely with the MBCIU 7T staff for MRI bookings.
The position will also maintain relationships with key researchers at Victoria University and collaborating institutions (The Florey and the University of Melbourne). The Research Assistant will perform standardised neuropsychological assessments and associated administrative tasks for the study, as well as manage MRI safety checks and bookings.
About the person
- Postgraduate neuropsychology research higher degree or experience in cognitive testing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Prior experience working within a research context (desirable)
- Interest in cognitive testing strategies and MRI projects(desirable)
- Experience in cognitive testing
- Previous clinical trial or clinical research experience
- Experience in clinical/research settings
- Demonstrated database management experience and data entry skills
- A strong understanding of the importance of participant confidentiality
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and willingness to learn new software systems
- Appropriate interpersonal manner when dealing with research volunteers.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Coordinate and conduct neuropsychological assessments and computerised cognitive testing of participants
- Score neuropsychological tests and completion of associated data entry into online and locally maintained databases
- Liaise with the MBCIU staff regarding 7T MRI safety checks and bookings
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym and fitness centre and more!
How to apply
For a position description and to submit an application please visit our ‘VU Careers’website:
Applications close at 11:59 pm on the 30th of May 2022.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter,
- Your curriculum vitae/resume,
- Evidence of applicable qualifications, licences and registrations
You may choose to parse your resume or import your LinkedIn Profile when completing your application.