Senior Learning and Teaching Specialist
- Full Time, Continuing Position
- Salary Level HEW 8 +17% Superannuation
- Based at the City campus, however we work in a hybrid way so you may choose to do your best work elsewhere on certain days
About the role
The Senior L&T Specialist is responsible for supporting academic and teaching staff to transform practice and strive for excellence in learning and teaching. It is a key role in providing essential professional development activities across numerous stakeholders.
This position is responsible for co-ordinating academic professional development and capability-building activities related to excellence in teaching and student outcomes. The incumbent will provide support, resources and advice to staff on forward-thinking and evidence-based strategies to transform pedagogical and scholarly innovation and quality practice. They will provide thought-leadership and advice in areas such as: blended learning, authentic and/or industry-immersed learning, course and program design, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) and Academic Integrity (AI).
This person will also contribute to and coordinate L&T deliverables that align with University and College L&T goals and meet the needs of various stakeholders.
Key accountabilities as a Senior L&T Specialist:
- Provide advice and professional learning to academic and teaching staff to enhance teaching practice and course design and development activities in areas such as: digital learning innovations, blended and concurrent teaching practices, AI, embedding professional capabilities in the curriculum, meeting assurance of learning standards (assessment design) etc.
- Undertake curriculum, assessment, blended learning and pedagogy consultation and evaluation
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development sessions and programs for individuals, course and program teaching teams
- Support teaching & academic staff at all career levels to improve teaching excellence and work towards SoTL outcomes.
- Expertise in HE curriculum design, development and assessment approaches for face-to-face, blended and online learning modes, based on contemporary educational research and theory
- Demonstrated research or professional experience in an area of education specialisation such as learning and teaching pedagogy/andragogy, curriculum innovation, academic integrity, SoTL, authentic/applied assessment, blended and concurrent teaching practices, reconciliation and belonging (etc)
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to forge collaborative and productive relationships that influence improvements in learning and teaching quality
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and leading educational projects and professional development initiatives
Essential: A Bachelor degree or equivalent
Preferred: additional qualifications (e.g. postgraduate) in adult learning, educational theory, HE governance or related disciplines, and/or equivalent knowledge gained through experience in the university sector
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your Suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Sheri Carnegie, Senior Talent Advisor via email on email@example.com.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a mandatory Working with Children check
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age.
Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
1 Jun 2022 11:59 pm