Research Associate, Governance and Economy
- Assisting in the administration and management of the research projects undertaken by the senior researchers in the Governance & Economy department
- Conducting literature reviews, data analysis and synthesis and supporting the publication and dissemination of results and findings in reports, conference papers, academic journals, opinion editorials and book manuscripts.
- Presenting research work to internal and external stakeholders
- Undertaking other administrative duties related to IPS’ research projects, such as developing and facilitating research conferences, workshops, closed-door discussions.
- Have a deep interest in socio-economic and governance issues that affect Singapore’s public policies over the next decade and beyond
- Be highly competent in the use of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and have familiarity in project management
- Have strong English communication and analytical skills, with an ability to write in a clear and engaging manner
- Have initiative and demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage research
- Demonstrate commitment to meeting deadlines and have a track record of producing work that reflects a maturity of thought
- Have a Master’s degree in a relevant social science discipline from a reputable university
- Have experience conducting a research project or dissertation using quantitative research methods
Applicants preferably have:
- High level of competency in data analytics and statistics, with identifiable capacity to undertake independent research enquiries
What you can expect from the job:
The Research Associate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic research team examining social, economic and governance policy issues in Singapore. The Research Associate will be working with senior researchers carrying out enquiries on the public policy implications arising from social and economic disruptions such as those on social inclusion and inequality, and the country’s demographic transition. In addition, the Research Associate will also benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking with various stakeholders linked to the Institute’s work. This job will be good grounding for individuals who are seeking to develop a career in these fields whether in academia, the public service or the private sector.
To apply Quote Job ID CG082021:
Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One-page cover letter (with a brief statement of relevant research experience)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two writing samples (min. 500 words)
Clearly communicates Faculty's/Department's policies
Faculty members' concerns are handled well by the incumbent and his/her team of administrators
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priority and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS (based on “MOM Updated advisory on COVID-vaccination at the Workplace”, subject to changes in accordance with the national COVID-19 measures).