Research Assistant within the Hydraulic Research Group
About the position
We have a vacancy for a Research Assistant within the Hydraulic Research Group at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. The employment period is up to 2 years with the desired start 01.08.2022.
Research assistant will primarily contribute to strengthening and further developing the teaching in the international master program (MSc) in Hydropower Development (HPD). The position is particularly linked to teaching tasks (including supervision of students) in the program and more. Furthermore, social contacts with the students will be an important task as well as assignment relating to the Hydraulic Research Group.
You will report to the head of the research group.
Duties of the position
- Planning, coordination, and management of practicalities, and teaching at the two-year international MSc program in Hydropower Development (HPD) which has English as the language of instruction
- Contribute to teaching design, theory and method and the use of digital tools. This includes supervision of students in the hydraulic laboratory and/or in other assignments
- Aid in the development of new assignments in the HPD program
- Assist in organizing social events, excursions and more for the HDP program, as well as the Hydraulic Research Group
- Other tasks in the Hydraulic Research Group may include participation in research projects both academic writing, work in the laboratory and in the field
Required selection criteria
The position as Research Assistant should give you the opportunity to gain insight into scientific or artistic work and method. The assignments are at an academic level and must consist of scientific or artistic assistance.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant.
- Relevant applicants must have taken a master’s degree in Hydropower Development or equivalent. You can apply if you are in the last phase of education and the education will be completed by July 2022.
- Good written and oral English language skills
Preferred selection criteria
- Scandinavian language skills will be an advantage
- Good Initiative and ability to work systematically and independently
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- Favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
Research assistants are remunerated in code 1020 depending on competence , and are normally remunerated at gross from NOK 475 800 per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. For a period of 2 years.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU. After the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
It is a prerequisite you can be present at and accessible to the institution on a daily basis.
About the application
The application and supporting documentation to be used as the basis for the assessment must be in English.
Publications and other scientific work that you like to be considered in the evaluation must follow the application. Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
The application must include :
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Motivation letter with emphasis on interest in teaching and research activities.
- Publications or other relevant research work
- Name and address of three referees
Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal suitability.
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment - DORA.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
The city of Trondheim is a modern European city with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is the innovation capital of Norway with a population of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, including healthcare, schools, kindergartens and overall equality, is probably the best of its kind in the world. Professional subsidized day-care for children is easily available. Furthermore, Trondheim offers great opportunities for education (including international schools) and possibilities to enjoy nature, culture and family life and has low crime rates and clean air quality.
As an employee at NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the changes that the development in the subject entails and the organizational changes that are adopted.
Information Act (Offentleglova), your name, age, position and municipality may be made public even if you have requested not to have your name entered on the list of applicants.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Associate Professor Fjola Sigtryggsdottir, telephone +47 91388447, email firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR Consultant Tone Måsøval Arntzen, e-mail:email@example.com
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Diploma Supplement is required to attach for European Master Diplomas outside Norway. Chinese applicants are required to provide confirmation of Master Diploma from China Credentials Verification (CHSI).
If you are invited for interview you must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number IV-130/22 when applying.
Application deadline: 31.05.2022
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
We conduct research and teaching in civil and transportation engineering, technical planning, structural engineering, water and wastewater engineering and hydraulic engineering. Graduates from our programmes become employees – in both the public and private sectors – with a sustainability mindset combined with competitive knowledge and skills. The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is one of eight departments in the Faculty of Engineering.
Deadline 31st May 2022
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Place of service Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering