Senior Lecturer, Teaching and Learning Centre
Teaching & Learning Centre
The Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC) promotes excellence in teaching and learning through the design and implementation of innovative pedagogies; facilitation of Faculty development and training; scholarship of teaching & learning; and provides academic support for students whilst developing lifelong learning attributes in our graduates.
TLC is currently inviting applicants for the position of Senior/Lecturer. This position will initially be offered on a three-year contract.
This position will be critical to the successful development and implementation of adaptive learning systems. Apart from related project management (e.g., organising, scheduling, administering and monitoring) works, you will be responsible for developing and implementing psychometric processes and activities including educational assessment and measurement techniques to support instruction. You will work closely with and deliver multi-mode communications to various stakeholders, make original contributions to research, and contribute to reports and publications to augment the quality of teaching and learning within the university.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Qualifications and/or experience relevant to educational assessment and measurement.
- Proven ability in data wrangling and discovering patterns based on established measurement theories and assessment principles.
- Proven ability to apply industry standard software and programming languages for educational assessment and measurement research work (e.g., SAS, RUMM, etc). Competency with the Python programming language is a plus.
- Proven ability to guide in the development of complex assessment tasks and the use of analyses for instructional guidance.
- Proven ability to guide in the development of curriculum and content based on education sciences (e.g., learning progressions).
- Demonstrated ability to present concepts of classical and modern test theories, and perspectives of validity evidence to various audiences.
- Knowledge and interest in computerised/multi-stage adaptive testing, and applications of machine learning to educational assessment and measurement.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as an analytical mind.
- A collaborative and collegial approach to work.