Lab Manager, Research Technician for Regulation of Gene Expression Group
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/).
We are currently looking for a highly motivated person to become the Lab Manager (Research Technician) of our research team dedicated to understanding roles of CDK12 and CDK11 kinases in regulation of gene expression and their targeting in human disease, particularly cancer. The post holder will be in charge of ordering consumables, to monitor budget, to archive sample/cells and to organize lab space and equipment maintenance. Importantly, the post holder will be offered opportunities to participate in research projects. We are particularly interested in individual with a strong interest in molecular biology and biochemistry methods and genome-wide analyses.
We are looking for candidates who hold either Master or PhD degree in life-sciences (molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or related fields).
Skills and experience we are looking for include:
- Research experience especially around lab management.
- Experience in molecular biology/biochemistry including cell culture, flow cytometry, qPCR, western blotting, protein expression and purification, PCR, molecular cloning etc.
- Experience with CHIP-Seq and RNA-Seq preparation would be advantageous.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Capacity to organize lab activities is essential
- Computer literacy: Word, Power Point, Excel
- Capacity to design, execute, and interpret own experiments would be useful.
- Ability to communicate in English and Czech (Slovak) is essential.
- Flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package (6 weeks of paid holiday, financial meal contribution, MU canteens, retirement contribution)
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support in learning and development
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
How to apply
Please send CV and a short motivational letter including:
- description of previous experiences
- technical skills
- at least two references
to Dalibor Blazek via email@example.com.
Candidates considered for the second round of interview will be informed via email.
The call is open until the position is filled.