Associate Professor, Nursing / Associate Professor, Chinese Medicinal Nursing
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us in the School of Nursing and Health Studies for the following post(s):
Associate Professor (Nursing) / Associate Professor (Chinese Medicinal Nursing) (Ref: 22000TT)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- developing and administering programmes of the School;
- undertaking course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom teaching);
- engaging in co-curricular activities;
- providing leadership and participating in research and scholarly activities as well as School/University services;
- performing any duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- Normally an earned doctorate in Nursing or a related discipline;
- a license issued by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong to practice as a Registered Nurse;
- Substantial relevant teaching/professional experience;
- Outstanding academic background and achievements;
- Demonstrated academic leadership and contributions in higher education;
- High level of competence in teaching and postgraduate student supervision;
- Substantial contribution through effective innovation in delivery of education, curriculum development, course design and teaching/learning methodologies;
- Solid record of research and peer-reviewed scholarly publications in prestigious outlets;
- Good accomplishments in obtaining external competitive research grants;
- Substantial achievements in knowledge transfer; and
- Considerable contribution to the University, profession and community.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, a composite cash allowance, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 30 May 2022
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in Apr 2022 need not re-apply.)
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.