Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
School of Business and Creative Industries
Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management - REQ001578
AC2: £37,467 - £44,706 per annum
Full time, 35 hours per week, Permanent
THE POST – Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
UWS School of Business and Creative Industries continues to successfully and significantly grow its presence, delivering both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes on Paisley Campus.
As a result of this, we are continuing to make a significant investment in academic posts to support both our students and our strategic development, helping to further position the School as a key player locally, nationally, and internationally. We are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Marketing, Innovation, Tourism and Events Division as a Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
You will be joining us at a very exciting time in our development and would become part of a dedicated team offering support and guidance to our students. You will have opportunities to help build the reputation and profile of our School as a leading contributor to the economic and social development of the communities in which we work as well as engage in exciting international opportunities.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Qualified to postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification(or nearing completion)
• Higher Education Fellowship
• Some experience of delivering and developing modules in logistics and supply chain related subjects (undergraduate and postgraduate levels) such as Supply Chain Analytics and Modelling, Sustainability and Digitalisation, and Risk and Resilience in Global Supply Chain Management
• Experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
• Demonstrate a commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience
• Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Business & Creative Industries at UWS is a vibrant community, delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating team, where you will be part of a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world. Students benefit from our strong links with industry, and the world-class research that underpins our courses, delivered on each of our five campuses and through many partners across the globe. Find out more about our School of Business & Creative Industries.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
• 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
• 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
• A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
• Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
• Fitness facilities across our campuses
• Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: Sunday 5th June 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 15th June 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.