Lecturer – Computing
School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences
Lecturer – Computing
Grade Ac3: £44,706 - £50,296 plus + £4,330 London weighting allowance
Full-time: 35 Hours per week
Two Posts – Lecturer Computing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Lecturers in Computing to join the academic team within the Computing Division of the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences at the UWS London Campus.
We welcome applications from talented and dynamic individuals with an expertise in computing. You will be a highly motivated individual, an innovative educator with a global outlook, passionate about your discipline and dedicated to delivering the best possible student experience. You will help to expand our commercial and / or research activities, and will exhibit an entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset.
The teaching provision is centred on the MSc Information Technology within the Computing Division and is one of our most popular and growing programmes at postgraduate level.
The programme is delivered at both our Paisley and London campuses. The successful candidate will be based at our London Campus with some scheduled online activities at our other campus locations and overseas. Willingness to travel is an essential aspect of this post both within the UK and internationally.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification in a computing related discipline
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Postgraduate qualification in the area of education/learning and teaching and Advance HE Fellowship are highly desirable.
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement in line with the School’s research and enterprise strategy
- Experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
Our reach across the country means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education.
The School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is a multidisciplinary school, with a diverse range of programmes delivered at our Paisley, Lanarkshire, Dumfries and London campuses with a combined total of circa 3,300 students. Teaching and Research is at the heart of all of the School’s activities, with NSS achieving an overall satisfaction rating of 100% in several of our Undergraduate programmes.
You will join an innovative and supportive team and School which offers industry-focussed teaching and research opportunities that deliver solutions to real-world problems. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, extensive expertise in research and development, and our robust collaborations with multinational companies across the world. Find out more about the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
• 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
• 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
• A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
• Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
• Fitness facilities across our campuses
• Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further information is available by contacting the Head of Division for Computing David.email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday 12th June
Interview Date: Week beginning 4th July
The current academic structure and nomenclature at UWS is as follows:
AC2 – Lecturer (first time academic post)
AC3 – Lecturer
AC4 – Senior Lecturer (alternate titles used in different Universities include Principal Lecturer or Associate Professor)
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.