Associate Director R and E Marketing
Communications & Marketing
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £51,799 to £65,107 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 13 June 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
As our Associate Director of Research & Enterprise Marketing, you will serve as the critical marketing leader in helping to grow the University of Southampton’s portfolio of business-facing products and knowledge leadership.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, collaborative individual who understands the university-business market and is excited to be the voice of the customer as we continue to develop unique products and market opportunities.
You will lead a new team to establish a corporate strategic marketing plan based on insights from user research and industry sources that will inform your go-to-market approach.
Working cross-functionally with both professional and academic colleagues you will support opportunities to nurture exciting academic research through; the creation of effective, awareness-raising, marketing-communications and campaigns; and assessing the market potential for translation into innovative business ideas.
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Marketing, you will be part of the department’s senior leadership team and work closely with colleagues in Corporate Communications and Digital User Experience to provide a holistic approach to advancing the University’s strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to establish and lead the marketing of research and enterprise for one of the world’s leading universities. If you have the knowledge, energy and vision to succeed in this role we look forward to receiving your application.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Associate Deans Research and/or Enterprise to establish clear priorities and reportable metrics for business development and growth
- Champion the voice of the customer to prioritise solutions to best address opportunities in the relevant markets
- Analyse/synthesise key research insights into competitors and users/buyers to inform positioning and portfolio/product strategy
- Write the marketing requirements documents to serve as the single source of truth for a unit/product’s go to market strategy and plan
- Partner with the corporate communications and digital teams to inform the University’s business-facing brand identity, enterprise unit positioning, messaging architecture
- Develop an enterprise-focused go-to-market plan, and align cross-functional teams around key components including, growth marketing strategies, establishment of key partnerships, and creation of assets that support the sales process
- Collaborate with department colleagues in the creation of high-quality marcomms content that promotes research excellence in support of reputation and income generation
- Contribute to overall project planning, including commissioning creatives, co-ordinating marketers and cross-functional teammates to adhere to timelines and execute marketing deliverables
- Serve as product marketing subject matter expert around enterprise marketing
- Display strong leadership, and management skills with a focus on delivering outcomes.
Potential candidates wish wish to discuss this post are welcome to contact Simon Peatfield(S.Peatfield@soton.ac.uk).
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Holly Shergold (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 5719, or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 1816122CD on all correspondence.