Marketing Intelligence Coordinator
- Flexible location
- Full-time and fixed term until January 2023
- HEW 8 - $101,794 - $116,547 + 17% Superannuation
The Senior Marketing Intelligence Coordinator will work as part of the Market Insights team which is responsible for delivering fast and actionable insight of impact that informs and influences Deakin University’s strategic and tactical decision making.
The focus of the role is on applying a competitor lens to both domestic and international markets, identifying opportunities and recommending strategic and tactical options to optimise performance.
This involves monitoring, assessing and providing insight into student and course demand and demography, the broader market environment and competitor behaviour, strategies, tactics and product innovation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Integrate multiple data sources to seek trends and analyse issues from diverse perspectives, draw sound inferences and specific challenges from information available
- Inform university’s understanding of market and competitor movements and Deakin’s relative position within, and provide advice on appropriate strategies to achieve the universities business objectives
- Analyse problems, weigh up a range of options to identify accessible and inclusive solutions and translate complex issues into clear and understandable goals and targets for Deakin
- Discuss and understand broad constructs rather than concrete examples and implement solutions, evaluate effectiveness and adjust actions as required
- Use understanding of the client context to anticipate needs, tailor services, improve service offering and ensure a high-quality outcome by addressing client feedback and setting service standards
- Provide high quality reports, insights and briefing papers on areas such as student demand, load, outcomes, course development opportunities, competitor analysis, course and unit pricing and profitability to the university’s Executive, committees and sub-committees
- Develop, maintain and use a variety of systems, processes, diverse range of people and sources to gather information and gain deeper understanding and make critical strategic decisions
- Establish systems and procedures to guide work and track progress and strive for excellence and continually evaluate progress, and effectively overcomes barriers to achieve outcomes
- Interpret needs and offers pragmatic, inclusive and sustainable solutions based on research and in alignment with University context, policies and practices
- Use understanding of the target audience to structure and shape communication to meet their information needs or concerns and anticipate and prepare for the audience’s reactions and questions
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in quantitative analysis, business or equivalent
- Experience identifying client needs and developing analysis briefs
- Experience analysing data and developing associated reports
- Experience within a complex financial and resource management environment
- Knowledge of the Australian Higher Education sector and an understanding of academic and administrative practices in a university.
- Knowledge of modelling and forecasting
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and facilitate disparate groups of internal and senior stakeholders to reach a common understanding and strategic position on complex matters
Applications for this position close on the 30th of May, 2022
- Infrequent travel will be required describe further (e.g., interstate or overseas travel is required or regular travel within Victoria, not including between campuses)
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Offers of employment from Deakin University are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can view a copy of the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Ingrid Zammit, Director, Market Insights at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.