Professor of Endodontics
- We are seeking an outstanding senior academic for a tenurable position of Professor of Endodontics in the UWA Dental School and The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA).
- It is an exceptional opportunity to lead, teach, conduct and supervise research in the discipline area of Endodontics and Dental Traumatology.
The University of Western Australia is a leading global university, renowned for excellence in education and research. Today, UWA is among the top 100 universities in the world, number one in Western Australia and is one of Australia’s most respected research institutions.
The UWA Dental School aims “To be recognised internationally as a contemporary, progressive, innovative and vibrant centre of excellence in dentistry”, and “To achieve excellence in dental education, research and oral health care to benefit of our local community and the advancement of dentistry globally”. The School’s motto is “to pursue the impossible while achieving excellence.”
The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA) is a centre within The University of Western Australia. OHCWA is the primary focus for oral health education, research and specialist care delivery in Western Australia. OHCWA is the clinical facility of the Dental School. It treats over 15,000 patients a year and delivers a range of clinical training programs. The appointee will be responsible to the Dean and Head of School/Director OHCWA.
About the opportunity
The Professor of Endodontics will be responsible for the clinical and didactic teaching of Endodontics within the School’s educational programs (such as the DMD and DCD), as well as providing clinical service in Endodontics.
You will demonstrate your achievements in Endodontics and provide high-level input into the School's educational programs.
The appointment offers a unique opportunity for you to develop innovative learning opportunities for all levels of students. You will be expected to lead graduate (DMD, DCD) students, to teach Endodontics and Dental Traumatology, and to conduct and supervise research. In line with the level of appointment, more senior responsibilities and leadership will be expected.
The Professor of Endodontics reports to the Dean and Head of School/Director OHCWA.
For further information applicants are encouraged to direct enquiries to Professor Hien Ngo, Dean and Head of the UWA Dental School, and Director of the Oral Health Centre of WA +61 8 6457 7636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Candidates Brochure containing the position description and further details can be found at http://jobs.uwa.edu.au/executive - please refer to page 9 of the Candidate Brochure for specific information that must be included in your application.
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 June 2022
Application Details: Applications must be submitted online.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.