Industry and International Engagement Coordinator
- Full-time Continuing position, located on the Camperdown Campus in the Faculty of Science
- Opportunity to develop partnerships and promote the Faculty
- Base Salary HEO 7 $97K - 106K p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head, Partner Engagement and Outreach, the Industry and International Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for the design and implementation of strategic initiatives related to industry and international engagement for the Faculty of Science. The role will create and build networks and identify opportunities to develop partnerships that will help promote the Faculty of Science and aid it in achieving its collaboration endeavors.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- inform and contribute to the development of an industry engagement strategy and an international engagement strategy for the Faculty of Science
- identify, build, and maintain collaborative working relationships
- provide operational support to the Dean, Faculty General Manager, Associate Dean and other key staff related to the implementation of industry and international initiatives
- develop & implement processes and reporting.
The Faculty of Science is one of six faculties operating within the University and includes the Schools of Chemistry, Geosciences, History and Philosophy of Science, Life and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics, Physics, Psychology, and the Sydney School of Veterinary Science. The Faculty stewards a range of research entities including the Sydney Institute of Agriculture and the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, and partners with University-wide research centres including the Charles Perkins Centre (CPC), the Brain and Mind Centre (BMC) and the Australian Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology (AINST).
To learn more about the Faculty of Science, click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Industry and International Engagement Coordinator who has:
- a qualification and equivalent combination of training and experience
- experience providing strategic advice and support to senior managers and stakeholders
- extensive client management, development and relationship management skills, international networks and establish strategic relationships
- demonstrated ability to contribute to strategy, planning and implementation
- superior interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with a diverse range of stakeholders
- excellent project and event management skills with a proven track record delivering complex events
- proven experience in a business development role in the higher education sector
- a willingness to work flexible hours and to travel internationally for events and delegations.
- a Working with Children Check Clearance is a mandatory requirement.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Helen Efstathiou, Recruitment Consultant. Recruitment Operations, Human Resources on +61 2 8627 7137 or by email
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for