Research Assistant for Department of Management and Organisation
Applications are invited for the following full-time position: Research Assistant
Dr David P. Daniels (http://www.davidpdaniels.com/) at the Department of Management and Organisation in NUS Business School is hiring a research assistant. I would like to invite a bachelor’s degree holder or postgraduate degree holder to join as a full-time research assistant (RA) from 1st July 2022 to 30th June 2023.
The general research topic is human judgment and decision making in social and behavioral contexts. Specific research topics may include diversity, negotiation, and prosocial behavior. Interested applicants with strong quantitative skills, prior research experience, and a desire to pursue a PhD in the behavioral sciences in the future are encouraged to apply for this position.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with experimental behavioral research (e.g., assist with designing and testing experiments, programming surveys or other web-based experiments, recruiting and managing participants, creating IRB protocols, scheduling and running experiments)
- Conduct statistical/econometric analyses
- Conduct literature reviews and data searches
- Provide other research and editing support for various reports and documents
- Attend and contribute to research project meetings and discussions
- Support grant management (e.g., basic accounting)
- Perform other duties as necessary
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience or training in experimental behavioral research (using Qualtrics, oTree, Prolific, MTurk, R, etc.) OR econometric and statistical analyses (using R and/or Stata)
- Be interested in working on projects in organizational behavior, negotiations, behavioral economics, social psychology, and their intersection
- Be looking to explore whether or not to pursue a PhD
- Have an academic background in Business, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, and/or Data Science
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (required) or a postgraduate degree (a plus)
Bachelor's degree holder or postgraduate degree holder.
The stipulated working hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays. Telecommuting will be the default mode of working during the period of gradual resumption of operations at NUS. In the future, the candidate is expected to be physically present in NUS office during the stipulated working hours. Software and tools required for data analysis will be made available. Appointments will be renewable when necessary. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, track record, potential, and experience.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Contact list for further enquiries
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae with complete contact information and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please label your email with subject: “Full-Time Research Assistant”.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be contacted directly for an interview. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.