Research Assistant, CSCB,LWK
The SingHealth Duke-NUS Genomic Medicine Centre was established by SingHealth and Duke-NUS Medical School to advance the delivery of genomic medicine across the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre (AMC). The Centre will bring together expertise from the various SingHealth institutions and Duke-NUS to leverage on advanced genomic technologies to improve diagnostics, therapeutics and health outcomes.
We are seeking a Research Assistant / Research Associate who will assist the development and maintenance of clinical genome informatics infrastructure. The successful candidate will be part of a bioinformatics team and have frequent interaction with a multi-disciplinary group comprising clinical geneticists, genetic counsellors, and biomedical researchers. This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to not only develop your expertise in biomedical data engineering, but also to revolutionise the implementation of genomics in Singapore’s largest public healthcare cluster.
The areas of responsibilities will include but not limited to the following; -
- Perform tasks and support all aspects of the research project.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a clinical variant database, and a sample-tracking database to ensure that underlying raw genomics data are always traceable.
- Implement front-end interfaces to enable authorised users to query the variant dataset.
- Ensure data infrastructure is robust, secure, and properly backed-up.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Biology or other related fields such as Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computational Biology, Genetics, etc. Candidates with higher credentials may be considered for more senior appointments.
- Entry level candidates may also be considered.
- Familiar with data modelling and database design.
- Prior experience working with databases (e.g. MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
- Possess strong programming skills (Python preferable).
- Some basic front-end development skills would be advantageous.
- Familiar with container-based software architecture (e.g., Docker, Singularity) and cloud-based IT infrastructure (e.g., AWS).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Outram Campus
Organization: Duke-NUS Medical School
Department: Office of Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12500