Special Scientist Position to Enroll to the Department's Doctoral Program
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
Title: Special Scientist
No. of Positions: Up to Two (2)
Category: Up to one (1) year contract (subject to renewal)
Location: Department of Accounting and Finance, University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Accounting and Finance of the University of Cyprus invites applications for one (1) full time Special Scientist position to enrol to the Department's doctoral program (SS1) and/or one (1) full-time or part-time Special Scientist (SS2) position for either Phd holders or MSc holders, for the needs of the Internal Research Program in the field of International Capital Markets Research.
For the SS1 position, the employment will be for a period of up to one year, with the possibility of renewal until the completion of the PhD studies, based on satisfactory performance and availability of funding resources. The monthly gross salary will be up to €1,000. Candidates for this position will have to meet the qualifications for admission to the doctoral program of the Department in Finance and Accounting. For the SS2 position the monthly gross salary will be up to €1,200, for full-time employment. From this amount employee contributions to the various governmental funds shall be deducted. There is no provision for 13th salary.
- At least an MSc degree in Finance or Accounting or Economics or Mathematics/Statistics or Computer Science or Engineering or in any related field (or to obtain the MSc degree before the deadline of this application).
- Excellent command of the English language
- Very good knowledge and use of statistical or econometric methods and programming (e.g. SAS, SPSS, STATA, EViews, R, Matlab, Python, C++) and related software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of Prof. Irene Karamanou and Andreas Charitou, the selected candidate is expected to have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Promoting the actions required by the program.
- Preparing the required program-related reports.
- Any other relevant work that the Program Coordinator will assign to the Special Scientist
Interested parties are requested to submit:
- full curriculum vitae (in English)
- copies of degrees and analytical grades report
- names of two people (at least one academic) from whom recommendations may be requested.
Interested candidates should submit the required items electronically (email@example.com, Mrs. Evgenia Tsinti, tel. 22893605) to the Department of Accounting and Finance, University of Cyprus, PO Box 20537, 1678 Nicosia, by June 10th 2022 (for the SS1 position) and for the SS2 we strongly urge candidates to submit application the earliest, but no later than July 8th, 2022. The position code, SS1 or SS2, must be indicated in the application e-mail title.
For more information, please contact Prof. Irene Karamanou (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Prof. Andreas
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3- member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The filling of the position is subject to the availability of funding.