Postdoctoral Research Associate in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Work with internationally recognized researchers in pharmaceutical sciences, two-phase flows, and laser diagnostics
- Join a highly multidisciplinary team working on translational research
- Full time, fixed term for 12 months with the opportunity for extension. Base Salary Level A $95,047 - $105,305 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Schools of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering and Pharmacy collaborate together on projects which focus on improving oral inhalation drug delivery systems. We have secured funding for a postdoctoral position (for up to 2 years), funded by the Australian Research Council (Project DP220100764) in order to develop new laser based diagnostic technology to measure the characteristics of depositing particles flowing in complex geometries. You will develop new experimental approaches whilst also work with established imaging systems in order to improve our understanding of deposition of drug particles in complex geometries. Topics you will engage in include:
- Particle Engineering
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Fluid Dynamics
- Laser and optical diagnostics
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and we are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- a PhD qualification or is about to submit a PhD in a topic related to two-phase flows, aerosols, non-intrusive fluid flow measurement, particle engineering, laser diagnostics, or chemical engineering
- significant experience in experimental rig design and development. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in developing or using Optical Coherence Tomography systems and/or related laser/optical based diagnostic methods applied to sprays or particle laden flows
- demonstrated experience in conducting and publishing high quality research in one or more of the following areas: Particle Engineering, Optical Coherence Tomography, Laser and Optical Diagnostics, Fluid Dynamics, Pharmaceutical Powders, Dry Powder Inhalers
- a high level of written and oral communication skills
- an ability to work independently and as part of a successful research team with focus on collaborative and participative research practices
To apply for this role, please address the above points in a cover letter that you attach to your application.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rebecca Astar or Linden Joseph Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 12 June 2022 11:59 PM