Student Administration Officer
- Full time, fixed term until 10 March 2023
- Utilise your administrative skills to provide operational support to the Student Administration Service Unit
- Base Salary $78K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Team Leader in Faculty Services, the role of Student Administration Officer has primary responsibility for the operational admin support of critical University processes.
This is a fast moving, demanding and thoroughly rewarding environment - you will be responding to both simple and complex queries, interpreting policy, processing applications and offering solutions all in an effective, timely and professional manner.
- experience in working in a high-volume environment - this could be from public sector, education or insurance or contact centre backgrounds
- strong organisation skills - working to deadlines is second nature and have time management strategies to enable this
- excellent high level communication skills - across all levels, internally and externally, verbal and written, and can make the complex simple in your daily interactions
- knowledge of policy interpretation and application or experience in a compliant governance driven work function would be of advantage but overall, the ability to make the complex simple in all your interactions.
Closing date for applications
11:59pm, Friday, 20 May 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.