Project Communications Officer, Brain and Mind Centre
- Full time, continuing position
- Provide media and communications advice and support to researchers and to the leadership of the Brain and Mind Centre
- $89k - $96k + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
As the Project Communications Officer, you will provide high level communications advice and support to researchers and to the leadership of the Brain and Mind Centre (BMC). You will design and lead an associated coordinated media strategy, including social media, media, and strategic internal and external communications.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage the BMC social media accounts
- support the delivery of the BMC stakeholder engagement and communication strategies
- coordinate responses to enquiries and correspondence for the BMC Admin Services Unit and BMC Executive
- support the delivery of BMC events
- assist in the implementation and delivery of the BMC's education and research strategies
- maintain excellent working relationships and collaboration with relevant stakeholders across the University and within the BMC
- tertiary qualification in a relevant field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- experience in managing multiple social media accounts across a variety of channels
- experience using website content management systems and maintaining websites
- experience using content design software solutions, such as Canva or Indesign
- excellent written communication skills, including the ability to draft effective correspondence and other documents for a variety of audiences
- experience managing and facilitating all aspects of events and meetings
- high level customer service and stakeholder management skills.
Please see the bottom of the advertisement for details of how to apply.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Please include a CV and a Cover Letter that addresses the criteria in the "About you" section of the advertisement.
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and task) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Strong, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7612 or by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 29 May 2022 11:59 PM