Research Assistant, Human Potential Translational Research Program
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant in the Human Potential Translational Research Programme (HPTRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The HPTRP brings together researchers from a wide range of disciplines with an interest to maximise human potential. In HPTRP, through human studies, we adopt a holistic perspective that considers human potential as an integrative measure of health, productivity, performance, human capital and overall well-being over the lifespan, in our environment. Appointments will be made on a one-year contract, with the possibility of a one-year extension
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will be responsible to assist with the overall goal of the funded project (Heat on health and work productivity). The Research Assistant will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigators and study team members to ensure the successful and timely completion of the project. The Research Assistant’s primary role will be to design and maintain a project server and database, assist in data collection, data entry and data analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will work with study team members to assist in data collection and data analysis, and will be accountable to the Principal Investigators.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as server design and maintenance, coding and machine learning, data collection and analysis;
- Provide contingent updates and maintenance for the project website and database throughout the project;
- Maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and conduct human trials;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Work at different study sites, depending on research needs;
- Work beyond routine work hours due to the nature of our research; and
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the Principal Investigators.
- A good Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Sports Science, Life Sciences or related disciplines;
- Possess IT system maintenance knowledge and coding or machine learning experience;
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS Office, coding;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Work independently and a good team player;
- Have an investigative nature and detail-oriented, highly motivated problem-solver;
- Knowledge of digital imaging software would be an advantage; and
- Experience in research, especially in conducting human trials, is an advantage.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested parties may contact Ms H’ng Shiau Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 9337