Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Chinese Culture and Global Communication
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in September 2022:
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Chinese Culture and Global Communication (Ref:DHSS211118)
Candidates with expertise in the following areas: A cultural historian of early China specializing in deciphering meanings of excavated artefacts, unearthed texts, and canonized classics.
- A trained historian with a special focus on early China.
- Able to teach introductory courses on ancient China and survey courses on Chinese culture and Chinese society.
- Able to teach upper-level specialized courses on Chinese philosophy and Chinese classical texts.
- Able to develop new courses that compare early China with ancient civilizations in other parts of the world
- Able to conduct original research and publish in international journals and presses.
- Candidates must have a PhD degree in hand when apply for job, and prior teaching experience is preferable.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/609
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm . Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.