Management and Marketing Academic Position
- UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- Melbourne, Australia
- 11 May 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Nov 2022
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The University of Melbourne
Faculty of Business and Economic
Department of Management and Marketing
MULTIPLE ACADEMIC POSITIONS IN MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
About the Organisation
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
The Department of Management and Marketing is a large, diverse and successful department within the Faculty of Business and Economics. It is the leading department in the management and marketing disciplines in Australia. It has strong undergraduate and postgraduate programs and an outstanding group of academic staff that research and teach in various sub-disciplinary areas of management and marketing.
About the Roles
The Department is seeking to make a number of academic appointments at different levels in key areas. Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor), and Associate Professor positions are available in:
- Strategy/International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Studies
- First Nations Business and Leadership
All positions are full-time, continuing (tenure-track) roles. The Position Description provides further information on the roles.
Appointees will be strong research-focused scholars who are interested in making big impact, and contributing to and working within a supportive academic community.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
The Department and the Faculty provide:
- Access to specialist centres in a dynamic research environment
- Excellent resources to support collaboration within and outside the University
- Professional development opportunities among world class academics
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages and culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
Applications are open until November 2022 with flexible start dates. Applications will be considered and positions will be filled on a rolling basis on the following dates:
- 15 June 2022
- 31 August 2022
- 30 November 2022
Online applications only should be submitted via the Univeristy’s careers page. Contact the Head of Department, Professor Prakash Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information.
Position Description: 0055987_Multiple Roles Management and Marketing_PD.pdf
Applications close: 30 Nov 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time