Programme Director of Animation and Interactive Media Programme
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled as soon as possible:
About the Programme
The Animation and Interactive Media (AIM) Programme nurtures a new generation of graduates with a global vision, professional practices, production and research skills for the robust development of the media and creative industries in the Greater China Region and overseas. Students develop theoretical and practical expertise in interactive media and animation in a student-focused educational environment equipped with modern facilities and the most up-to-date technology.
The Division of Culture and Creativity at United International College (UIC) offers the Animation and Interactive Media Programme with a comprehensive, transformative and multidisciplinary approach to the studies of culture, media, and design. United International College, situated in Zhuhai and jointly founded by Beijing Normal University and Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), is the first full-scale cooperation in higher education between the Mainland and Hong Kong.
Candidates with a terminal degree in Animation, Interactive Media, or a related discipline should show commitment to engaging in creative practice or theoretical research relevant to the Programme and Division. Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in teaching at undergraduate or postgraduate levels. Preference will be given to candidates with significant industry experience or demonstrable ability to undertake independent research leading to outcomes with a strong impact, such as publication in high quality, internationally recognized, indexed journals and scholarly presses.
In addition, the candidate should be qualified to teach in one or more areas such as Interactive Media, 2D animation, 3D Modelling and Animation, Multimedia Storytelling, among other related subjects.
As part of administrative duties the candidate is expected to:
- Be responsible to the Dean and the Board of the Division concerned for the functioning, operation, teaching, research and development of the Programme;
- Liaise and build up close links with the Dean of the Division, staff and students of the Programme(s);
- Act as the Chairperson of the Program Management Committee and to be expected to carry out duties approved by UIC senior management;
- Assist the Dean with pedagogic, evaluative and supervisor responsibilities on staff assessment, teaching evaluation and leave applications etc.
Proficiency in English is required. English is the medium of instruction in the Animation and Interactive Media Programme. Academic rank will be determined in accordance with the successful candidate’s experience and research accomplishments. To receive full consideration, candidates need to submit:
- a cover letter,
- CV (specifying the courses taught post-secondary institutions),
- research statement and/or portfolio of creative works,
- three letters of reference,
- a record of teaching quality.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/476.
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to email@example.com. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm. Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.
More searches like this
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in China
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Directors jobs in China
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Academic Posts jobs in China
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Professors / Chairs jobs in China
- Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in China