Research Data Analyst / Senior Research Data Analyst
The Secretary of the Faculty of Science of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the Research Data Analyst - Senior Research Data Analyst
Location: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno
Employment period: fixed term of 1 year with the possibility of extension
Working hours: 40 hours per week or less per mutual agreement
Expected start date: immediately or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Number of open positions: 1
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2022 or until the position is filled
RECETOX is an institute of the Faculty of Science of Masaryk University involved in interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport and bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects and to assess the exposure and health risks to humans. See more at www.recetox.muni.cz/en
We seek a person who would join the Environmental Epidemiology team within the ERA Chair project as a Data Manager - Data Analyst. The suitable candidate should have experience in data processing, editing, and management (cleaning, exporting, recoding, linkage) and statistical analysis.
- Routine data management
- Finding ways to improve data quality and data processing (automation)
- Linking different types of data (e.g., linking individual survey data with geographical data)
- Collaborating on statistical analyses answering specific research hypotheses, carrying ad-hoc analyses
- Suggesting improvements and fixes and implementing them into existing procedures
- Collaborating with other data managers and scientific partners
- Creating reports or presentations summarizing the data
- Creating and maintaining standard data documentation
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (mathematics, IT, statistics, psychology, mathematical biology, sociology, or similar)
- Good knowledge of data processing and statistical analyses (knowledge of any of the following: R, SQL, Python, SPSS, STATA, Statistica, Mplus)
- Ability to understand population and health research data – health, socio-economic, environmental data, chemical analysis data, genetic data, etc.
- A systematic approach to problem-solving
- Independence, diligence, reliability, ability to take risks and accept responsibility
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills and ability to negotiate and communicate across technical, support, and research teams
- English skill at the B2/C1 level
- Experience with questionnaire surveys, experience with structured and unstructured data
- Some basic experience with GIS
- Knowledge of interactive applications (e.g., Shiny) for data visualization and analysis
- Interesting and engaging work at a top scientific institution
- Motivating salary and working conditions
- Opportunities for further education, including attending scientific conferences
- Opportunities to collaborate with international teams
- Possibility of short-term internships abroad
- Involvement in a multidisciplinary team
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of paid vacation, flexible working hours, meal allowance, pension contribution, work anniversary bonus, Vodafone employee program for phone plans, MultiSport card, free coffee at the workplace, discounts at Scala cinema and university libraries, etc.
- Flexible expected start date
- Flexible workload – can work fewer than 40 hours
Are you interested in the position and want to become a member of our team?
How to apply
Please send your (i) structured CV, (ii) a short motivation letter, and (iii) a letter of recommendation, if applicable, by completing the MU e-application form in the Electronic Application section below.
After successful submission of your application, you will receive an automatic email confirmation of submission. If there are problems with filling the e-application form or if there are concerns with the submission, please contact us at email@example.com
Suitable candidates will be invited for an in-person or video-conference interview.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
The received applications will be carefully assessed in accordance with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and The Code of Conduct. Selection criteria include: (i) meeting the requirements of the candidate profile listed above (ii) submission of all required documents for the application. The rules for the faculty selection procedure can be found here.
As an employer, the Faculty of Science of Masaryk University provides equal opportunities. We promote diversity and strive to create a work environment that meets the individual needs of all employees.
Masaryk University (MU) is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic, with 9 faculties, more than 5,000 employees, and 30,000 students. We are a university with a wide range of research areas and strong international standing. Our mission is to provide education and research of the highest quality.
MU Faculty of Science, a proud recipient of the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering education related to basic and applied research and secondary school science teaching: mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating approximately 40% of the university’s total research output.
Take a look at our Career page.