Postdoc Position in Metabolomics and Proteomics Biomarker´s Discovery
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, announces an open competition for the Postdoc Position in Metabolomics and Proteomics Biomarker’s Discovery
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week
Expected Start Date: as soon as possible, or negotiable concerning immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
EU Researcher Profile: R2
Research topic and job description
Clinically relevant biochemical, immunological and cellular biomarkers of Alzheimer's disease and aging
Dr. Zdenek Spacil is searching for a talented and highly motivated scientist experienced in mass spectrometry and cell culture. The primary responsibilities will include cerebral organoids' cell culture as a model system for Alzheimer's disease and the application of mass spectrometry-based metabolomics and proteomics to study the underlying mechanisms and early disease biomarkers. The candidate will be involved in a multidisciplinary project combining advanced analytical technology with state-of-the-art cell biology to advance life sciences and medicine.
Biomarkers of health and disease research group led by Zdenek Spáčil email@example.com is engaged in metabolomics and targeted proteomics, pioneering non-genetic factors affecting human health. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/research/principal-investigators/dr-zdenek-spacil
- Ph.D. degree obtained within past five years in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or related field
- Previous research experience and a solid track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals (i.e., WoS, SCOPUS) - at least two first-author publications in journals with impact factor 4 and more
- Practical experience with bioanalytical mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, and data processing
- Capability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, to solve problems independently, resourcefulness, good science writing and oral communication skills, excellent documentation skills
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- The dynamic group consisting of an international team of experts
- The opportunities towards independent academic career development
- Collaborative projects with international partners
- Publishing in the most prestigious scientific journals
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of leave vacation per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal contribution, language courses, etc.
- Support with the relocation
- Brno is a university city with culture, entertainment, and a great quality of life https://brnoregion.com/work
We offer an initial one-year appointment with the possibility to extend.
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- List of publications and research achievements
- Research statement
- Names and contact details of at least three professional referees
- Ph.D. certification
The deadline for applications is on June 30, 2022. A review of applications will run as they are received and until the position is filled. The shortlisted applicants complying with the requirements will be interviewed.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the EU Charter and Code for Researchers' principles. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
If we do not contact you within 30 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
RECETOX Centre of Masaryk University carries out interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health with a specific focus on the assessment of toxic compounds, their behaviour, transport & bioaccumulation, their adverse effects, and related environmental and health risks, as well as new enabling technologies, biotechnologies, and IT tools for linking environmental stressors to population health and mitigating their impacts. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the South Moravian Region capital, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.