Lecturer in Economics
Reporting to: Vice Dean for Undergraduate Studies, School of Business
Purpose of Position:
The key functions of this position are to teach Economics on a range of College programmes, develop curriculum and programme related materials and perform research associated with the College’s programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Dean School of Business Vice Deans for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies Faculty in the School Students both full and part-time Associate Faculty Programme Co-ordinators
- Lecture to students within the School of Business in the area of Economics to include postgraduate, undergraduate, certificate and diploma degrees. To design, undertake and mark all assessment related to teaching. To interact with colleagues, both internal and external, in relation to assessment moderation.
- Facilitate tutorials associated with lectures and guide Teaching Assistants with the preparation and delivery of those tutorials where appropriate.
- To provide feedback on project work, research work and dissertations both orally and in writing when required. Provide a professional support to students in their learning activities. Supervise research projects/ dissertations. Commit to ongoing professional development. Participate in committees appropriate to courses. Undertake the duties of the role in accordance with the requirements of the College Quality Assurance arrangements. Liaise with library regarding reading material and booklists etc. Develop new and existing course material, using new learning technology and delivery mechanisms as required.
- Assist in the development of existing programmes and new programmes. This may involve drafting submission documents, liaison with the validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes. Preparation for teaching an all other work related activity including tutorials associated with lectures.
- Carry out scholarly and/or industry research relevant to College activities including regular publications and presentations. Actively seek external funding to support the research interests of the School.
- Seek to promote and engage with external bodies with regard to exemptions from professional examinations for students and ongoing professional development.
- Assist in the development of the School of Business. Act as programme director for undergraduate or postgraduate programmes in consultation with the Dean of the School of Business. Participate in College meetings as appropriate. Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees as requested. Be available to students outside of class contact hours for guidance and support. Represent the college at functions and promotional events such as exhibitions, school visits, open days, recruitment evenings and other external events. Act as a personal tutor.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A PhD is a requirement of the role however candidates who are approaching the final stage of their PhD may be considered for the post. Evidence of lecturing experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels desirable. A demonstrated publication record, ideally with at least one publication ranked by Association of Business Schools (ABS) at 3 star level or equivalent. Supervision experience to at least masters level (taught programmes). Industry experience desirable. Excellent communication skills, time management and PC skills. Self- starter with the ability to work independently.
Salary: Academic II - €53,836- €80,759
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Contract: Permanent post
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
Annual Leave: 34 days per annum
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: 0978 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, Monday 23rd May 2022.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
More searches like this
- Economics & Econometrics Academic Posts jobs in Ireland
- Economics & Econometrics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Ireland
- Economics & Econometrics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Ireland
- Economics & Econometrics Research Related jobs in Ireland
- Economics & Econometrics Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Ireland