Research Fellow, Pharmacy
The laboratory of A/Prof Victor Yu at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently recruiting (Postdoctoral) Research Fellow.
We are seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow to work on a project aimed at elucidating roles of MOAP-1 in regulating cellular signaling mechanisms associated with senescence, metabolism and inflammation relevant for gaining understanding of the development and progression of chronic liver diseases such as NAFLD, NASH and HCC.
To facilitate a better understanding of the work being pursued in the laboratory, prospective applicants can refer to the following papers published by the lab:
- K.O. Tan et al., MAP-1 is a mitochondrial effector of Bax, (Track II), Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 102: 14623-14688, 2005. (https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0503524102)
- N.Y. Fu et al., Inhibition of ubiquitin-mediated degradation of MOAP-1 by apoptotic stimuli promotes Bax function in mitochondria, (Track II), Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 104: 10051-10056, 2007. (https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0700007104)
- N.Y. Fu et al., Baxbeta: a constitutively active human Bax isoform that is under tight regulatory control by the proteasomal degradation mechanism, Molecular Cell, 33: 15-29, 2009. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcel.2008.11.025)
- S.K. Sukumaran et al., A soluble form of the pilus protein FimA targets the VDAC-hexokinase complex at mitochondria to inhibit host cell apoptosis, Molecular Cell, 37: 768-783, 2010. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcel.2010.02.015)
- C.T. Tan et al., MOAP-1 Mediates Fas-Induced Apoptosis in Liver by Facilitating tBid Recruitment to Mitochondria, Cell Reports, 16:174-85, 2016. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2016.05.068)
- C.T. Tan et al., MOAP-1-mediated dissociation of p62/SQSTM1 bodies releases Keap1 and suppresses Nrf2 signaling, EMBO Reports, 22: e50854, 2021. (Featured as the cover story in Jan, 2021 issue: https://doi.org/10.15252/embr.202050854)
- H.C. Chang et al., The BAX-binding protein MOAP1 associates with LC3 and promotes closure of the phagophore, Autophagy, 2021. (https://doi.org/10.1080/15548627.2021.1896157)
- Planning and execution of experiments
- Guiding and Working with junior staffs including students
- Participation in preparation of manuscripts
- Upholding research integrity and ensuring safety compliance
Interested candidates please submit full curriculum vitae and contact information for 3 references to A/Prof Victor Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cancer biology or other related fields is preferred.
- Applicants with research experiences in mouse models and/or molecular and cell biology techniques (e.g., primary cell preparations, CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing, confocal microscopy, FACS, histology, IHC, IF or protein-protein interaction) are preferred.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 8417